Can you help?
Stay Safe East relies on its volunteers to support our work.
If you would like to help and have some spare time, these are some of the task you could help with:
- Befriending clients, meeting up with them somewhere safeHelping clients to fill-in forms for Dial-a-Ride, Taxicard or Freedom Pass
- Supporting clients to apply for or sort out their benefits – for example many of our clients have had their benefits stopped because they couldn’t cope with the paperwork after being abused. Volunteers may also accompany a client to a PIP or ESA assessment
- Helping clients to attend housing interviews
- Helping us to fundraise – we especially need help with organising fundraising events, on-line or in the community
- Informal interpreting
- Help with our website and on-line presence
Please talk to us if you have other suggestions about how you could help.
In return, we offer support to our volunteers, training, an accessible environment, and the opportunity to learn more about the issues for disabled victims/survivors.
We welcome volunteers from all communities and background, and especially disabled people. We are an LGBTQ* safe organisation.